Michael Goldberg | Jul 21, 2020
The Austin based Sendero Health Plans recently announced the launch of a new initiative to develop web and mobile based health care tools for its members.
Get the latest state-specific policy intelligence for the health care sector delivered to your inbox.
To develop the new digital tools, Sendero, a non-profit community-based health plan, contracted with HealthTrio, a software service provider for the health care market. According to Sendero, this partnership will seek to “deliver better healthcare access, inform healthcare consumers, and improve provider performance and quality care outcomes.”
We worked with our members to identify how we could improve their care. As a direct result, we are investing in solutions to improve member interaction and engagement with the healthcare system and Sendero,” said Wesley Durkalski, CEO of Sendero Health Plans. “Our partnership with HealthTrio will provide our members with the state-of-the-art tools they need to better manage their care through their providers and Sendero, and get the information they need to improve their health.”
With the help of HealthTrio, Sendero says it setting out to design tools with a user-focused approach and streamlined single sign-on solutions.
We are so proud to partner with Sendero Health Plans and provide their members an excellent online digital experience,” said Dominic Wallen, President and COO, HealthTrio. “Sendero is dedicated to improving the health of the community by providing affordable, quality healthcare and we committed to helping them deliver on that mission.”
In their announcement, Sendero outlined five specific tools that will developed under the initiative.
- Member Portal: “Providing members a central hub for all activity to connect Sendero members to all of the personalized tools they need in one place – from paying their monthly bill to getting answers on their coverage, copays and deductibles and managing claims.”
- Provider Portal: “Connecting Sendero, providers, and members in one central, secure location ensures consistent, real-time health information that supports everything from eligibility requests to claims data to tools supporting patient care.”
- Cost Transparency Tool: “Enabling members to find and compare providers and treatments based on cost, quality and other key factors.”
- Provider Search: “Giving members access to an easy-to-use, intuitive directory to locate a provider that meets their exact needs from one of the largest networks of doctors and specialists of any health plan in the area.”
- Mobile App: “Providing a mobile application so members, who live in a vibrant tech community and the start-up Capitol of the country, can to securely access health information via a mobile device.”
Sendero says the initiative will be live in the Fall of 2020.
Read More: Sendero Health Plans launches digital health initiative – State of Reform